In todayâ€™s highly complex and rapidly changing business environment people in all types of work atmosphere are facing risks of workplace injuries which are mainly caused by repetitive motions, excessive force, awkward postures, positions and faulty work stations etc. Neither the effects of these injuries are always visible nor the hidden costs involved with slower production, lower quality of job retaining, unemployment, long term disabilities and increased workerâ€™s compensation.
Ergonomics is the science that seeks to adapt tasks and tools to fit the employeeâ€™s capabilities. It is a way of looking at the design of tasks, tools, equipments, workplace layouts etc.
This course is designed in such a way that it will help to understand these injuries and their prevention. The knowledge of ergonomics will help supervisors and managers protect their employees, enhance productivity and control the costs associated with these injuries.Course Contents:
- Office/ workplace Inspection/ Evaluation
- Evaluate work stations
- Employees working procedures to identify contributing risk factors to work related musculo skeletal disorders
- Introduction to Work related Musculo skeletal disorders( WMSDs) or Repetitive Strain Injuries.
- Types, Causes, Symptoms and stages of RSIs
- Early warning signs and treatment of RSIs
- Preventive measures/ Applied body mechanics and postures
- Correct key board, Mouse techniques and balanced computing postures
- Computer vision syndrome and its prevention
- Exercise instructions for stretching( Office Stretches)
- Report/ Recommendations- Based on evaluation recommendations are given at the end of the workshop